Manufacture # Synology | Model # DS1621+
The DiskStation DS1621+ 6-Bay NAS Enclosure from Synology is a high-performance system designed to store and protect critical assets, while also offering storage scalability so you can start small and expand as your data grows. Boost storage performance by installing dual M.2 2280 NVMe SSDs for high-IOPS system caching, or enhance network speeds by adding a 10GbE SFP+ or RJ45 NIC to the PCIe 3.0 x8/x4 slot. This NAS is equipped with six drive bays that are capable of natively supporting 3.5" SATA hard drives, as well as 2.5" SATA hard drives and SSDs, for data storage. Using its six drive bays, this NAS will allow you to store and share many files, including videos, music, photos, and documents with up to 2048 user accounts and 1000 maximum concurrent connections.
The DS1621+ runs on the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) OS, which is a browser-based operating system that helps to simplify managing your Synology NAS. Its CPU is a 2.2 GHz AMD Ryzen V1500B Quad-Core and its 4GB of DDR4 ECC RAM, which be upgraded to 32GB, allows frequently used files and applications to be quickly accessed. The NAS is capable of sequential write speeds of up to 2300 MB/s, as well as 110,000 4K random read IOPS.
- Up to 110,000 4K random read IOPS and 2300 MB/s sequential write speeds for DS1621+ demanding workloads
- Dual M.2 2280 slots for NVMe SSD lets you maximize performance and capacity efficiently
- Features 6 bays supporting both SATA HDD/SSD 2.5" and 3.5" drives
- But can be expanded by using two Synology DX517 expansion units for a total capacity of 16 bays
- Powered by Synology DSM, their unified data management operating system
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of shared folders and LUNs.
- File and folder level data restoration offers users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder more flexibility.
- Flexible Shared Folders and user quota system provides comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing allows Btrfs file systems to auto-detect corrupted files
- Using mirrored metadata and to recover broken data using RAID configurations.
- Inline compression compresses data before writing it to the drive, to optimize storage use and reduce write commands to the drives.
- Compatible Drive Interface: SATA (Unspecified Version)
- Form Factor: Desktop
- RAID Modes: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6, JBOD, Synology Hybrid
- Total Installed Memory: 4 GB ECC DDR4
- Maximum Memory Capacity: 32 GB
Manufacturer Warranty: 03 Years Limited Warranty