Manufacture # Cisco |Model # WS-X45-SUP8-E
The Cisco Catalyst® 4500E Supervisor Engine 8-E (Figure 1) is the next generation of enterprise-class switching engine that provides full convergence between wired and wireless networks on a single platform. This new Cisco® Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) powers the wireless convergence and helps enable uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, and application optimization.
- Up to 928 Gbps wired switching capacity with 250 Mpps of throughput
- Up to 20 Gigabits of wireless termination capacity for a wireless controller-less design.
- Support for up to 50 access points and 2000 wireless clients on each switching entity (software roadmap)
- Up to eight nonblocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus [SFP+])
- SFP support on uplinks to offer flexibility for up to eight Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Centralized switching capacity: Up to 928 Gbps
- Per-slot switching capacity: 48 Gbps
- Multicast routes: 32,000
- CPU: Quad core; 2.0 GHz
- CPU queues: 64