Manufacture # Startech | Model # S3510BMU33
The S3510BMU33 Black USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure with UASP lets you connect a 3.5in SATA III hard drive (HDD) through an available USB port. The enclosure delivers optimal performance with a USB 3.0 connection, but is backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 host connections as well. With support for SATA I/II/III, and large capacity drives (tested up to 4TB) this HDD enclosure is compatible with virtually any 3.5in SATA hard drive, and can greatly increase the storage/backup capabilities of your computer. The USB 3.0/SATA III enclosure features high quality aluminum construction, ensuring durability.
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources. Testing results were obtained using an Intel® Ivy Bridge system, a UASP enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
- Compliant with USB S3510BMU33 Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) Transport Specifications
- Light-weight and durable aluminum enclosure
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 compliant host interface supporting data transfer rates up to 5Gbps
- High Speed USB 2.0 compliant host interface, with transfer rates up to 480Mbps
- S3510BMU33 Power/Activity LED indicator
- Compatible with SATA revision I/II/III (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) drives
- Plug-and-Play and Hot-Swap compatible
- Vented Drive Tray.
- Model: S3510BMU33
- Color: Black
- Internal Interface: SATA I/II/III
- External Interface: USB 3.0
Manufacturer Warranty: 02 Years Limited Warranty