Manufacture # Makerbot |Model # MP02901
The true purple 1.75mm ABS Filamentfrom MakerBot is designed to work with the MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer, MakerBot Replicator 1 3D Printer, and MakerBot Thing-O-Matic MK6+ Desktop 3D Printer. This filament requires a heated build platform, and prior to printing, please ensure the build plate is level, clean, and oil-free. MakerBot ABS filament needs to be used in a well-ventilated area and has a glass temperature of 221°F, an amorphous (no "true") melting point, a nozzle temperature of 446°F, and a diameter of 1.75mm
- When used with MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printers, MakerBot ABS Filament helps produce higher-quality prints, reduce filament problems, and minimize downtime.
- Because it's more flexible than PLA, MakerBot ABS is well-suited for mechanical designs or ones that have interlocking or pin-connected pieces.
- Compared to PLA, ABS has a longer lifespan, is more impact resistant, and has a more matte look and finish.
- MakerBot ABS Filament has a high melting point, so it's suitable for machine or car parts.
- MakerBot ABS Filament is soluble in acetone, so you can "weld" parts together with just a drop or two on smooth surfaces and create a high gloss by brushing or dipping full ABS pieces in acetone.
- MakerBot ABS filament adheres well to Kapton tape on a heated build plate.