Manufacture # Intel | Model # RS3WC080
The RS3WC080 12 Gb/s PCIe 3.0 SAS/SATA RAID Controller Card from Intel is a mainstream RAID controller card with internal mini-SAS HD SFF8643 SAS/SATA connectors for connectivity inside the server. This controller card provides performance and scalability, without relying on system resources for RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 50. It uses the embedded CPU in an LSI 3008 ASIC to perform RAID 0, 1 and 10 operations. The ultra-thin driver uses low RAID overhead for high host CPU offload, with optimal read and write performance.
The RAID controller also offers backwards compatibility, which can enhance the performance of 3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s infrastructures. It supports up to 128 physical devices, multiple RAID arrays, and industry-leading interoperability.
The 12 Gb/s SAS-3 technology doubles the available bandwidth of current 6 Gb/s SAS solutions, unlocking the full potential of PCIe 3.0-based systems, and solid-state storage solutions. The throughput and I/O processing capabilities maximize link utilization, thereby supporting high performance SSDs and increased scaling of traditional hard disk drives.
- LSI RS3WC080 SAS 3108 I/O processor supports 1 million+ IOPS
- Two internal high-density mini-SAS connectors with four ports of 12 Gb/s bandwidth per connector
- PCIe x8 connector with support for Generation 3 protocol
- "Heartbeat" LED for visual verification that the card is functioning properly
- Internal ports allow a RAID array within a system
- The RAID RS3WC080 controller design is based on LSI MegaRAID technology that offers RAID 5 capability
- With many of the same features as Intel's mainstream RAID products
- Connect SAS or SATA devices within the array for speed, reliability and scalability
- Use high-capacity SATA drives for budget-friendly storage.
- Form Factor: Low profile MD2
- Data Transfer Rate: 12 Gb/s
- PCI Interface: PCIe x8 Generation 3
- Raid Levels: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, and 50
- I/O Processor Model: LSI SAS3008 IOC
Manufacturer Warranty: 01 Years Limited Warranty